A tutorial on maintaining synch for collaborating musicians

I play saxophone and sing. I collaborate with musicians around the world, and recnetly some have been talking about having synchronization issues when trying to incorporate others tracks into their projects. I created this little tutorial using Camstudio2.0 a free screen recorder, that seems to do much of what the pricey other software does. here's the video, more comments below.



I learned a couple things doing this tutorial. One: I need to be better prepared. Audacity threw me a curve. I usually use Sonar or Audition for music, but opted for Audacity for this since is free and widely used. It handles things a bit differently at times. Second: after I did this I found that camstudio has it's own video codec that does a better job than the microsoft dv1 that I used. Third: I am not that well versed in Vegas yet, and need to learn more, like whey this came out letterboxed, and you do not see the entire screen, although that is what I recorded.
and lastly, while I do voiceovers, I do better with a script that adlibbing something while I am acutally doing it, with goes back to point number 1.

I will probably reproduce this with the better codec, and be better prepared and have a better voice over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teleprompter isn't that easy, just ask my daughters!

Another tutorial, this time for Youtube video