Who are you?

Can you be all things to all people? Well, if you can you are better than me. I'm a former TV and radio news guy who now produces video and does some freelance voiceover work. There are myriad voiceover people out there. Some talented in character voices, others have talent for cartoon voices, anime and such. There are few like Don LaFontaine who are synonymous with a genre like he is with movie trailers. I will never be the next Don LaFontaine. All I want to be is the best Bill Mecca I can be. That means focus. Focusing on my strengths and trying to improve my weakenesses. Sure I can do a goofy voice, heck I was even hired to do an impression of Steve Irwin (the late Crocodile Hunter) but is that a strenghth? Not really. I've done a stereotypical Italian mobster type for a friends CD, but is that a strength? Not really.

My strength is corporate, industrial, training and e-learning type projects. With my background I have done on-camera pieces for training videos, voice overs for e-learning that have been well received. Even a documentary. Okay that was one I produced myself, and to be honest, I could do it much better today.

That is what I am getting at. I cannot be all things to all people, so I am trying to be the best Bill Mecca I can, while improving. I don't do too many commercials, in fact I can remember one I did and that was years ago. I do what I do. Some producers are looking for what I do, and I can do that voiceover for them well, on time and at a competitive price.

To that end I have been working on a new demo that I have uploaded to my voiceover-talent.net website. It's not complete, the level is a bit low, but I tried to concentrate on what I do best. Let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teleprompter isn't that easy, just ask my daughters!

A tutorial on maintaining synch for collaborating musicians

Another tutorial, this time for Youtube video